A CMTPT/DN Certificate through Myopain Seminars is valid for 5 years from the date it was obtained. Certifications must be renewed every 5 years.
This is required for anyone who received their CMTPT/DN on July 2018 and onwards. If you were certified before July 2018, your certification does not expire but it is still strongly recommended.
To maintain your certification, you have a range of options available. At any point during the five years between receiving your certification and its expiration, you can complete ONE of the following:
1. Attend an advanced level Myopain Seminars course (Such as Mastery & Update of DN, Fu Subcutaneous, Pelvic Health, etc.)
2. Retake ANY previously attended Myopain course (DN-1, DN-2, or DN-3)
3. Publish a dry needling or manual therapy paper in a peer-reviewed journal.
4. Publish a pain science paper in a peer-reviewed journal.
5. Present a lecture about dry needling at a national or international professional congress.
Completing one of these actions will renew your certificate for an additional 5 years from the point it was obtained. For example, if you became CMTPT/DN certified in August 2020, and complete an advanced level Myopain course in 2023, your renewed certificate will be valid until August 2030.
Maintaining your certification shows your commitment to high-level patient care and appreciation of scientific advances.
If you have completed one of the recertification tasks above and are ready to re-certify, continue with this application. A $50 fee to renew will apply.
A printed certificate will be sent by mail, however we are currently creating a new certificate design. Please allow a few months to receive your certificate by mail.