A CMTPT/DN Certificate through Myopain Seminars is valid for 5 years from the date it was obtained. Certifications must be renewed every 5 years.
To maintain your certification, you have a range of options available. At any point during the five years between receiving your certification and its expiration, you can complete ONE of the following:
1. Attend an advanced level Myopain Seminars course (Such as Mastery & Update of DN, Fu Subcutaneous, Pelvic Health, etc.)
2. Retake ANY previously attended Myopain course (DN-1, DN-2, or DN-3)
3. Publish a dry needling or manual therapy paper in a peer-reviewed journal.
4. Publish a pain science paper in a peer-reviewed journal.
5. Present a lecture about dry needling at a national or international professional congress.
Completing one of these actions will renew your certificate for an additional 5 years from the point it was obtained. For example, if you became CMTPT/DN certified in August 2020, and complete an advanced level Myopain course in 2023, your renewed certificate will be valid until August 2030.
This is required for anyone who received their CMTPT/DN on July 2018 and onwards. If you were certified before July 2018, your certification does not expire but it is still strongly recommended.
Maintaining your certification shows your commitment to high-level patient care and appreciation of scientific advances.
If you have completed one of the recertification tasks above and are ready to re-certify, continue with this application. A $50 fee to renew will apply. Printed certificates will be sent by mail.
Must have a CMTPT/DN certificate.