Focused review and practice of CRAFTA techniques limited to 10 participants
Full Course Description
The quarterly CRAFTA Jam sessions are set up for PT's and other clinicians who have completed the CRAFTA Foundations course and are looking for some extra practice... so why don't you go ahead and come jam with a CRAFTA Assistant Instructor and keep your skill set fresh.
The techniques and ideas presented in CRAFTA courses are often new to many people taking the courses and there are often few people in an area who are treating head or jaw at all, let alone with CRAFTA techniques. This can make creating a study group or finding a group of people to bounce ideas off on complex cases difficult to find. Also, as continuing education budgets decrease, it can be difficult to advance through the CRAFTA series as quickly as many people wish. These Jam Sessions will help give you a group of people to practice with and learn from the guidance of a CRAFTA Instructor so you can stay on top of your skills along with deepening your knowledge and use of the CRAFTA concepts and techniques.
Completion of the CRAFTA Foundations Course (Level 1a and 1b).
Structure and Requirments:
- Send a list of techniques and/or brief description of a case you would like to review prior to the course:
- A list of all techniques can be found Here: https://crafta.org/page/examination-and-preparation
- Send this Jen@JenFitter.com at least 2 days before the Jam Session
- If you don’t have anything specific you want to review it is ok
- You must have installed a decent webcam and adequate lighting:
- To make sure the CRAFTA instructor and other students can see what you are doing and give you feedback and guidance;
- A stand or mount for your camera that can be adjusted in angle and height. Laptops with good webcams are a great option for angling if you have something to set it on. You may still need a ring light if you don’t have bright lighting. You could consider picking up a cheap ring light with stand for your phone.
- Someone/thing to practice the techniques on
- A non-Physical Therapist model or physically with someone else who is participating in the Jam Session
- If you don’t have a person, you can practice the techniques on a skull.
The jam sessions are participant driven. Clinicians will determine what, and techniques are practiced during the Jam session by emailing the instructor a list of techniques they wish to cover before the session. We will cover as many techniques as possible.
Sessions will starit at 7pm CST and lasting 1.5-2 hours.
Current sessions scheduled for:
July 11, 2023 7pm-8:30/9pm CDT
Oct 10, 2023 7pm-8:30/9pm CDT
Jan 9, 2023 7pm-8:30/9pm CDT
During the jam session, you will:
- Practice different techniques you have learned thus far
- We may not have time for all the techniques everyone wants to review in one particular session and priority will be given to techniques that more people have questions on have not been reviewed recently in past Jam Sessions.
- Receive instruction/feedback from the instructor during group practice
- Give/receive feedback from other participating practitioners during breakout sessions
- Answer any questions you may have about previous course material
- Discuss patient cases
- Approximately one hour will be dedicated to practicing techniques and 30 min to case review and concepts.
Sessions are limited to 10 participants and you must register ahead of time.
All Jam Sessions are held online
Who Should Attend
- Clinicians who have completed at least the CRAFTA Foundation course who would like to practice more and become more comfortable with the skills
- Clinicians who have completed at least the CRAFTA Foundations course and want to prepare themselves for further CRAFTA classes and the CRAFTA certification examinations
- CRAFTA clinicians who are using some of the skills but are not feeling confident or competent no matter where they are in their certification process.
There are no CEU's awarded for the CRAFTA Jam sessions.
A discount of 10% will be applied automatically when you register for 3 or more jam sessions on one ticket.
During the CRAFTA Jam Sessions, you will:
- Practice the various techniques you have learned during the course. While we may not always be able to review all techniques, priority will be given to techniques of interest to several participants or techniques that may have not been reviewed during previous jam sessions;
- Receive instruction/feedback from the instructor during group practice;
- Give/receive feedback from other participating practitioners during breakout sessions;
- Answer any questions you may have about previous course material;
- Discuss patient cases.